August 6, 2009

Layettes, Tocca, and Booties - Oh My!


I recently had the rare and luxurious opportunity to stroll (as a busy mom "strolling" is not part of my vocabulary) around the Shops at Wisconsin Place in Chevy Chase, MD. I also had a chance to finally visit the gorgeous Nanette Lepore boutique across the street, but more on that in a little bit.

Three words: Pure.Shopping.Joy.

Starting in Giggle, I was amazed on the large size of the store and the vast array of gorgeous baby and toddler products. From Dwell bedding (DC Fashion Gal's personal favorite) to a well-edited selection of Tea clothing (another favorite), this store has a little bit of everything. What I loved most though was the friendly staff who made their presence known if you needed any help but did not intrude on any sort of browsing while I went through the store. This is really the perfect store to find a great baby shower gift or young child's birthday gift. I didn't leave empty-handed myself and will definitely be back again.

Next I stopped by the new
Sephora store. I was amazed again by how large the store is and their amazingly larger selection than what I have seen in area shopping malls. This store is heaven on a bronzer brush. From NARS makeup to Dylan's Candy Bar bath and body products (who wouldn't want an ice cream sugar scrub??), this Sephora store has it all. Again, the staff was great and so gracious to me. I took my time and really explored the store and the products that they had to offer. I was offered a makeover, which I would have loved, but unfortunately did not have enough time.

After visiting Sephora, I browsed around the Shops at Wisconsin Place to see what other stores were nearby. I was not disappointed. From Cole Haan to ILORI, this area is such a special shopping destination. There are plenty of places to sit and enjoy the weather or people watch. Across the street is the infamous Clyde's restaurant, which has added an outdoor patio to their restaurant and a chic outdoor bar that would be perfect for an after work Cosmo or glass of wine.

The last stop on my shopping tour that afternoon was
Nanette Lepore. Right next to the new Sushi-Ko restaurant (wonderful for fresh sushi if you can't get to the Georgetown location), is Nanette Lepore's boutique that looks like it was dropped from the chic streets of New York City. The boutique's all white design reminds me of Philippe Starck with girly touches like the dazzling chandeliers and tufted ottomans. I fell in love the moment I entered the store.

The Nanette Lepore boutique remains true to its size by not overcrowding the space with too many things. One one side I browsed through the current selection of well-edited silk and chiffon tops and perfect dresses. I loved all the bright colors used in her collections from fuschia to a gorgeous tourquoise. Each piece was more special than the next and nothing seemed overly trendy and the details were amazing. From rosettes on the blouses to dainty bows on the dressses, Nanette Lepore never fails to impress me with her attention to detail.

Every fashionista mom should own at least one Nanette Lepore dress that will be worn over and over again!!


Ciao!

1 comment:

Chic Chocolate said...

Love that part of Wisconsin Avenue now with all the new shops! It's quickly becoming DMV's version of Rodeo Drive!