October 8, 2011

Saks Fifth Avenue and Fall 2011 Beauty Trends....



Last week I had the best time at Saks Fifth Avenue's 2011 Fall Beauty Media preview at the Chevy Chase store that featured the hottest trends from all of their lines, including Chanel (how gorgeous are those new Chanel nail colors?), Armani, Tom Ford, and Bobbi Brown.  I love makeup so this was a real treat for me!

First stop? The Chanel counter where I spoke with a Chanel representative (it was like talking with your best girlfriend, she was so friendly!! Okay, your best girlfriend who also happened to know all of the fabulous details behind Chanel cosmetics....even better!


This Fall, Chanel introduces their newest fragrance:  Number 19 Poudre Eau de Parfum. How gorgeous is this green color?


The new Chanel fragrance is the latest scent in one of my favorite lines of perfumes (I wear Chanel Chance every day. Love it) and it is named in reference to Coco Chanel's birthday, August 19th. The green color comes from floral-green notes including the iris.  Another fun fact? The fragrance stopper is modeled after the place Vendome, a famous square in Paris and also the location of the Ritz where Coco Chanel lived.

I also spoke to the wonderful staff at the Armani counter (love their foundation) where I learned that purples are a hot color for the fall from eyeshadows (again, lots of shimmer) and deep plumes for the lips.  Red lips are also another trend seen by the Armani cosmetics staff. I always love a dramatic red lip.

Next stop? Bobbi Brown cosmetics where I had a great time chatting about busy Washingtonian women.  Bobbi Brown created an amazing day-to-night eye shadow palette that contains gorgeous warm browns for the stylish Washingtonian woman who works in a conservative office and also metallic shimmer shadows to amp up your eyes for a night on the town in DC that looks chic, sophisticated, and sexy.  I love this eye shadow palette.


Last stop?  Tom Ford fragrance.  From the sexy Jasmine Rouge perfume to vibrant Neroli Portofino perfume, each Tom Ford fragrance is designed with a specific type of women in mind.  I love that.  The bottles are gorgeous as are the different notes of fragrance.  I enjoyed learning the process that Tom Ford used to create the fragrances and the time it took to come up with this perfume line.

All in all it was a wonderful evening of beauty at Saks Fifth Avenue, which made me so excited to start shopping for my Fall beauty must-haves that will include shimmer shadows in plume and deep, rich shades of nail polish and lipstick.

Ciao!




No comments: